Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Have an iPhone? You need this...

It's called Guitar Toolkit, and it's an application you can install on an iPhone (or a second-generation iPod Touch). Fact is, I always have my iPhone with me, and this application takes the place of a bunch of other stuff that I used to have to pack around.

What is Guitar Toolkit? Well... put it on your iPhone and you have: a tuner (for standard and dozens of altered tunings), a notated fretboard (showing notes and note positions for all tunings), a metronome, a chord finder, and ... all of this for a 6-string, 12-string, and bass guitar.

This is a seriously cool application, and will change the way you think about your guitar. I mean it. Suddenly: it's easy to find a chord, a variation of a chord, tune your guitar, practice difficult runs with a metronome... and all of this: with the iPhone that's already in my pocket.

Ever spend a relaxed afternoon, learning new music with keyboard (or other) players, when they call you out and say "wait, stop... that should be a C#M7sus!" Which is... what? Like I had memorized those finger positions for a chord I've never heard or played? Yep: Guitar Toolkit will show you that goofy chord with the flick of a finger.


I used to have a 'Favorite Tuner' and chord charts and etc that I would move among the cases for my guitars. Which meant I would sometimes get somewhere, missing the tuner that was packed with another guitar. This Guitar Toolkit solves all of that and so much more, and YES you need one.
Go to the App Store and search on Guitar Toolkit, from Agile Partners. Or check their website at: http://www.agilepartners.com/apps/guitartoolkit/

No comments:

Post a Comment