Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Voyage-Air at the Cayman Islands

Recent Voyage-Air convert Eric Berg sent us this note about his adventures with his new Voyage-Air guitar at the Cayman Islands:

"The picture was taken at Sandy Cay on Grand Cayman a few weeks ago. I was part of a crew that was sailing a 37' Island Packet from Key Largo to the Panama Canal.

"I am very much enjoying my Voyage-Air. I purchased it last December, with this trip as well as future travels in mind.


"Needless to say, the environment aboard a sailboat isn't ideal for a guitar.
It's wet and salty, high humidity, bumpy, and cramped for space.

"I am fortunate in that I own a number of nice acoustic guitars ( Martin OM-42, a 000-18GE, a D-35, and a Custom Shop 000-28, a Santa Cruz 00-28, and several vintage Yamaha FGs). I even bought a Calton case for traveling, but it's so heavy it was a pain to lug around. More to the point, I wasn't keen on subjecting any of my $2000+ guitars to the harsh marine environment.


"The entry-level VAOM-06 seemed to be just the ticket. The backpack case was the deal clincher.


"I had read about Voyage-Air guitars on the Usenet newsgroup
, and knew that many of the forum participants reviewed them favorably. As there are no dealers in my area, I purchased mine on faith and word of mouth.

"I have not been disappointed. In fact, quite the opposite. While I wanted the portability and ease of conveyance in a travel guitar, I didn't want to sacrifice tone and playability.


"I am happy to report that my VAOM-06 has exceeded my expectations on all counts.


"In fact, I've taken the guitar to a number of jam sessions and received numerous compliments on its sound. When I fold it up at the end of a session, the look on people's faces is priceless.


"Just this past weekend, someone remarked that I've been bringing my Voyage-Air to jams more frequently than I have my other Martin guitars.
Hmmm.....

"So, in a nutshell, that's my story. Congratulations to all of you on a wonderful, innovative product. I wish Voyage-Air continued success, and I will be certain to continue to be a "good will ambassador."


Regards,

Eric Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment