Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bob Kilpatrick - On Stage with Voyage-Air

To those familiar with contemporary Christian music, Bob Kilpatrick needs no introduction. As a radio host at K-LOVE, his 3x-a-day show has nearly 4-million listeners! As a musician, his concerts have drawn over 100,000. Bob's music and message truly reach a world-wide audience.

Last summer Bob had a chance to play a Voyage-Air dreadnought, and was impressed enough that he asked to take one to use at an upcoming concert tour to Naples, Italy. No sooner said than done: Bob took off for Europe with a VAOM-06 equipped with a Baggs I-Beam pickup. And we just got some video from the concert, and comments from Bob about using the guitar on stage.

In Bob's words: "When I first opened and strummed this guitar, both my wife and I could NOT believe how good it sounded. The more I played it, the more I was impressed. And for me, the combination with the LR Baggs pickup just... well, it just worked."

And once he got to Italy? "I played this guitar everywhere. It was so easy to carry. Cars and everything are smaller in Europe. I showed around a lot backstage. Let me just say there are a LOT of ministers who are placing orders for a Voyage-Air guitar."

But what about the concert? "This concert was arranged with the Mayor of Naples, and we had a crowd of 100,000+. It was amazing, and the Voyage-Air worked perfectly. This is a great guitar. Brandon Bee (another composer/musician) is going to be using this guitar next. Everybody wants to play the Voyage-Air!" Click here to see a video clip from the concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment