Tuesday, December 29, 2009

John Oates goes Voyage-Air

Remember the music of Hall and Oates from the 70's-80's? They made chart-topping hits like "Rich Girl" and "Sara Smile", and went on to make 10 number-one albums and sell over 80 million records as the most successful musical duo in rock history. Whoa!

Recently, John Oates became interested in the Voyage-Air guitar: "When I first looked at it," said John, "...my first impression was wow, anything that comes apart like that... But the mechanism on the guitar is really interesting and well-engineered. The first time I unsnapped it and then snapped it back together I thought 'this thing is going to be all loose', but it's great! It's really tight and it plays well. It's a great guitar and a cool concept."

John Oates also put some light on what it's like to go on tour as a rock star: "I really never take a guitar when I travel. Fact is, the guitars are locked up and I never really see them unless I'm playing them on stage! My guitars at home in Colorado pretty much stay in Colorado. But having a Voyage-Air has made me rethink taking a guitar along."

His plans for the Voyage-Air? "I've already been telling people about it. In fact, I'll be taking it on tour. I've got a gig with Darryl at a music festival in Jamaica. I'm definitely taking it along."

Yeah! Check back for updates as John Oates hits the road with his Voyage-Air guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment